Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Come, Let Us Adore Him

A view of our Christmas filled living room.

Our Christmas decorated TV stand. Those stockings were made by my best friend, Tasha for our wedding. How cute are they?

A close up of the lanterns we decorated with at our wedding that I put some ornaments and ribbon in for a Christmas-y decoration!

Just a close up of our tree and some ornaments. My sister sent this to me when she visited Finland awhile ago and I have kept it and am now able to put it up on my own tree!

Our mini purple Christmas tree along with some cute shadow boxes my sister made for me! Oh, and the Ensign to remind us what's important this Christmas season.

This is something my parents gave us. (let us borrow, more like) When you light the candles, the heat rise and makes the windmill spin which turns the angels and the angels hit the bells on the side which make noise. It's pretty cool and really takes me back to my childhood.

Our Christmas Tree!
Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. Family is the most important thing in my life and I've always been able to spend the holidays with mine so this year I was pretty sad when I realized that only one of my siblings will be coming back for Christmas while the others stay in their respective states and countries. I was even more sad when I realized I will only be able to spend Christmas day with my family who will be here over the holidays and that will be about it because I'll be working. Despite all this, I have tried to make the best out of it by decorating our apartment and celebrating the Christmas season here in Logan. Thankfully, I was given a good reminder what this season is really about. I was reading in the Ensign, a magazine that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints puts out, and read an article about the different people who were given the opportunity to see Christ as a baby and what we can learn from them. For those of you familiar with the story of the birth of Jesus Christ, you know there are the Wise Men and Shepherds who saw the Christ child. I was reminded that this season is really about seeking Christ and bringing ourselves close to Him, even when we aren't able to be close to our families. If you're interested in this article, you can read it here: http://lds.org/liahona/2011/12/come-let-us-adore-him?lang=eng&query=come,+let+us+adore+him 
Hopefully you have all been able to find joy in this season and celebrate that which is important to you.

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen your apartment, so that was fun to see! Thanks. I'm with Marz, maybe I will start updating my blog again...I only said maybe. No promises. =)
    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've spent all of our Christmases since we got married away from our homes, but were lucky enough to have yours to go to most years so we evened out emotionally. And now our Christmases are different than ever because we also have the babies' birthday to celebrate, so I distracted myself from being lonely by planning a baby birthday bash to remember. I love your tree and all your decorations - so fun! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candle bell ringer is yours to keep. I love all the ways you have filled your apartment and your heart with Christmas cheer. It is all so cute and I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete