Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little About Life

I found this little time waster on a blog that I follow and thought it looked fun. Then, as I was doing it, I remembered how my friends and I used to do little quizzes sort of like this on email back in the day and then send it around to each other. How funny! I guess my generation will always like to talk about themselves. So, on to enabling my narcissistic personality!

Making: Cards, lots of them! It turns out I am sometimes crafty and sometimes like how it turns out.
Cooking: Nothing. Ever. Especially when Joe is gone for work for weeks at a time...shh, don't tell him I eat out all the time! Ok...he already knows.
Drinking: Water! Since we moved to Arizona, I drink water like it's nobody's business. I am ALWAYS thirsty. I guess 100 degree weather 24/7 does that to you.
Reading: Our National Parks by Ansel Adams. Who knew he was as inspiring as his photography?
Wanting: To know how I should proceed in life. Career, school, family...?
Looking: At a picture I recently FINALLY bought a frame for. One that I bought from a street painter in Slovenia. Of Slovenia and it's charming little island in Bled. Oh, how I miss that place.
Playing: The guitar and my keyboard. All. The. Time.
Wasting: Time. Every day. All day. I kind of hate it and I kind of love it. I know this kind of free time is probably something I will never have again.
Sewing: Is this a question? It wouldn't be if you knew me.
Wishing: That for one day, I could just be everything I ever dreamed of being. A soccer star, a musician, etc.
Enjoying: My new library. I recently rented New Year's Eve and The Vow from it. The Logan library had a very SMALL selection of everything and it's so nice to have a larger library system to draw from!
Waiting: For my life to start. Dramatic? Maybe, but it's the truth.
Listening: To the Civil Wars. Can't get enough. Really bummed about their current band break-up. Hope it's not permanent! Do yourself a favor and listen to their song "Poison & Wine".
Liking: Aunt Annie's pretzels. I forgot how much I love soft pretzels.
Wondering: If I will ever stop comparing myself to others.
Loving: Zac Efron. Is that weird? Probably. Am I a 13-year old girl at heart? You better believe it.
Hoping: To be brave enough to move forward. Be it with my MSW, starting a family, or just acclimating to this new city.
Marveling: At every single sunset in this desert. Who knew?
Needing: Diet Coke. Yep, I've become that person.
Smelling: A candle called Meadow. Which reminds me of a spring rain. Which is fabulous.
Wearing: The comfiest T and pajama pants ever known to man. From Target, of course.
Following:  Bloggers. Turns out the internet has a lot of pretty great inspiration.
Noticing: I sleep a lot better when I pile the pillows on Joe's side as if someone were laying there next to me.
Knowing: I am missing the Logan fall. It's the BEST time of year up there.
Thinking: About Hilary Swank's quote from P.S. I Love You. I am relating to it a lot right now. "All I know is, if you don't figure out this something, you'll just stay ordinary, and it doesn't matter if it's a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks! Just create something... new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it... and you know a little more about... you. A little bit more than anyone else does... Does that make any sense at all?" 
Feeling: Inspired. I have my whole life ahead of me and it's time to do something about it.
Bookmarking: Job postings. Boring, I know.
Opening: Mail. Lots of bills. Who knew being a grown up could be so dumb?
Giggling: Every night I spend with my sister. It has been SUCH a blessing to have her near, especially since both our hubbies travel for work. We have some good times.
Feeling: Pensieve. "Dang, I was going for thoughtful." ...Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the diet coke world. Welcome to being that person! Because I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 things I hate about you. :) Love that movie! Ps, you are great and I love this list!

    ReplyDelete