After we had been home from Texas for about a week, my Mom called Marielle and asked her if we would drive up to Utah to go to the cabin with my parents and offered to pay for the gas. This seemed crazy because we had just got back from driving all that way (and Marielle driving to Oklahoma and back as well). But we both love the cabin and don't get a lot of opportunity to go there. So...long story short, we were on our way up to Utah a week later!
Our drive up to Utah
Once in Utah, we were able to spend a couple days there. This consisted of watching the Tour de France, getting my hairs done with my momma, and spending time with my brother and his family since they wouldn't be joining us at the cabin.
3 inches shorter and a little bit blonder on the ends! I just couldn't get myself to chop it off, despite the heat of Arizona. It had been gotten so long! Also, don't mind that my hair looks red in the first photo. It wasn't.
Then it was up to the cabin! This was definitely a trip to remember. The weather was perfect. We did a lot of fun things, both tradition and new. And we saw tons of wildlife! 5 moose (this is a record for me!), 3 heron, a muskrat, a deer, and lots of elk!
The first bonfire, one of many
We visited Big Springs, which has apparently been taken over by seagulls. Shame.
My Dad, Marielle and I went for a bike ride. It was so much fun! The views were breathtaking! We also rode through a herd of cows, saw a deer, and a moose chilling by a creek, and had lots of critters join us on ride. (See pictures below.)
Hey there, Mr. Moose!
And Mr. Deersley!
Then, on our way home from visiting West Yellowstone, we were greeted by two beautiful sights. The first was this sky of ridiculous beauty. The clouds were low and dark and the sun was trying it's best to burst through. It was lovely.
The second was a momma moose and a baby moose. The mom and baby had crossed the road into a ravine. On one side of the ravine, the road. On the other, a barbed wire fence which was just tall enough that the baby couldn't climb over and we watched as it tried to go over and under and through. At this point, more and more people were stopping and I think it was making the mother even more stressed out. We watched as the baby finally found a way around as it came all the way down to the end of the ravine, got out this wooden fence and back over above the barbed wire. What a triumph!
I also noticed this beauty. Bike glove tan. Classy.
We also went on a hike that we had never done before. Well, I had never done it. It was called Upper Coffee Pot and it was delightful. It was overcast so the day was nice and cool. It's times like these that I really wish I knew how to work my camera better. I could never get the clouds and the green to look their best at the same time. Oh well. We also discovered that there were a ton of huckleberries on this hike! Which we graciously helped ourselves to. This is where we saw the 3 heron and the muskrat. I took pictures, but they're not great.
Huckleberries!
The muskrat.
Look at these two! How cute are they?
Oh hey!
We're cute.
Two of the heron! In the picture above, and below, hanging out in the tree.
I try to tell my Dad that he always wins games, which is why it's no fun to play with him.
He denies it. So I am now documenting. Exhibit A. (Dad is "D." The goal is to get the lowest score.) On the plus side, I didn't take last place! I'm "MZ" and third is really good for me! Bronze, my friends!
On our way home, we decided to go through Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks and take our time as we meandered home. It was such a perfect day. Sunny in the morning, rainy in the afternoon and sunny the rest of the evening.
Unfortunately, the only picture I got of the sign is with some random people. Nope, don't know them.
Nope, it's not awkward at all.
My surrogate children. Awkward family photo time!
How cute are they?!
Old Faithful in all it's glory!
The clouds doing their thang again.
Can't get enough of these kids!
When the rain started...oh, glorious rain!
What happens when his mom leaves him with anyone but herself. Sad, but adorbs.
Some Elk from afar!
Then it was on to Grand Teton National Park! These clouds, they were glorious. As was Jackson Lake. I can't believe I never went here! Definitely on my bucket list to return and spend a whole week here.
The only selfie I could manage with both my face and the mountains. Boo yeah!
It was windy. And Xavier got SO excited when he saw the boats. In the first photo, he's clapping and saying (more like squealing) "YAY!!!" That happened a lot. His favorite word? "A boat."
Seriously. Stop it, Jackson.
Is this not the most adorable thing you've ever seen! Not much makes
me baby hungry, but this kid sure does. Look at that face! And that swagger.
Another momma and baby moose! You can only see the mom in this one,
but they were both there. Just chilling. Didn't even move despite the mass of tourists!
Our dinner place. Hello, yumminess! If you're ever in Jackson Hole, go here!
You won't regret it. Well, your diet might, but your appetite won't.
The famous antler arch.
And that's all, folks! Until next time.














































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment