Wednesday, July 25, 2012

San Diego Photo Tour

I finally retrieved my photos from my mom's computer. So instead of writing a long post about it, I decided to let the photos tell the story instead. We arrived in San Diego on Thursday night and headed straight to Coronado Island. Let the story begin.

Thursday: Enjoying Coronado Island

 A sticker we saw on a car on Coronado
 Coronado Island
 Joe and I on Coronado Beach!
 Funny seagulls chilling on a sand mound
 San Diego '12!
 A live sand dollar that we found! You can see 
all it's little tentacles...those were moving!
 The top side of the sand dollar
 My mom attempting to return the sand dollar to the ocean
 View of Coronado Beach from the Hotel del Coronado grounds
Big chairs in the Hotel del Coronado.
 Joe and I sitting in our thrones.
Undercover Agent... 
The view that greeted us in our hotel room that night 
The view of our pool from our hotel room 

Friday: Wedding festivities!

 Joe and I in front of the San Diego temple
 The beautiful San Diego temple!
 Caleb acting as Joe's backpack
Ian entertaining himself...with Kermit, of course. 
Caleb being silly 
Haha! No words for this except Awesome! 
 More silly Caleb
Scott, Marielle and Mom at the luncheon 
 The boys were fighting over who got to sit by Uncle Joe
 so I had to scoot over and let one sit on each side.
Don't forget about baby Xavier! This is the first time I met him.
 The view from where my cousin and his new wife had their luncheon!
More view from the luncheon 
And more... 
 The boys zonked out after the luncehon...
the big boys, not the little boys.

Saturday: La Jolla Beach 
and Seaport Village

Headed to La Jolla beach on Saturday! 
So happy to be at the beach! 
Some of the family chillin' 
Joe holding Xavier 
Having fun in the water 
Don't mind the shoulder...it was the best picture I had 
of just the 4 of them. Aren't they a cute family though? 
 Getting ready for a night out on the town! ...or Seaport Village
 The rocky shores of Seaport Village
 My crazy nephews!

Sunday: Sea World!!

 Joe and I waiting for the Dolphin show to start! 
The first show of the day, of course.
A dolphin trainer and her dolphin waving. So cute! 
This was at the Dolphin petting place...look how cute 
and friendly these dolphins are being! 
How can you not love them?! 
 SLL...Sea Lions Live. I must admit, it was pretty funny!
 Before they salsa danced...
The Cirque de la Mer set! If you're familiar with 
Cirque de Soleil, it's similar to that but in the water. 
 The performers
Amazing strength! 
Holding a starfish in the tide pools! 
 Joe loved them too.
Hugging it out with the dolphin. :) 
Some nice stranger offered to take 
this picture for us. It turned out great! 
...and the dolphin eating Joe's head. 

All in all, our few days in San Diego were a blast! I fulfilled my lifelong dream of going to Sea World. I didn't get to pet a dolphin, but I got to be right up close to them which was good enough for me. And let me say that my love for dolphins was intensified after seeing them in real life! They're so fun and playful and amazing little creatures. It was also so fun to see my cousin be sealed in the San Diego temple. I grew to love that temple during my spring break trip with Joe and some other friends and then also on our honeymoon. We had been dying to go back there and were so excited when we found out that my cousin was getting married there this summer! Of course we turned it into our summer vacation and it was totally worth it. Getting to spend time with Scott and Marielle and their boys was also a blast as we don't get to see them much either. Thanks to Trevor and Brynn for getting married and letting us share in their special day (and honeymoon...but more on that later) with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment