Saturday, March 10, 2012

Date Night!

Joe showing off our makeshift theater room
The perfect way to enjoy a movie!
Friday night, I came home from a long day of skiing with my work. Let's just say I was exhausted from getting up at 5am so I could be to work and have all the girls up on Beaver Mountain by 8:30am, then spending the day with the beginners who did not want to be there and trying to motivate them to enjoy it! Yeah, exhausting. 



Well, my wonderful husband said he had thought of a great date night for us. Dinner at Chili's with one of our many gift cards, then a movie night at home where we got treats and pulled our mattress out into the living room to watch the movie. I must be a little OCD because my first reaction was hesitant. I worried that pulling our mattress off our bed would be messy and we'd have to spend all this time re-making the bed when we were done. I'm glad I decided to throw caution to the wind and just do it because it was the best idea ever! We had an awesome night watching Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides and then having a sleepover in our living room on our own mattress. I'm so grateful to have a husband who is not OCD like myself and likes to do spontaneous things! I would be a boring old woman without him. 

Super excited to have a sleepover in the living room!

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Date nights like that are the best! What a great husband you have! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun date night! glad you had fun~

    ReplyDelete
  3. since when do you have a blog!?! I didnt know this!! But I am excited to be able to keep tabs on your life because I miss you!! We need to double. ASAP!!! When would be good? Text me! We are planning to come to logan soon some weekend.... your work schedule better allow us time together!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've totally done that! With an inflatable mattress anyway. It's so fun. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete