Sorry for the major delay on the holidays! When I went to blog about Thanksgiving, blogger was telling me that I couldn't add any more pictures unless I paid a fee each month. I found this very weird as I know many bloggers who have blogged for much longer than me and haven't run into this so I decided to wait to do anything. It kept telling me this a couple times I tried to blog so I just forgot about blogging for awhile. I recently came back and found I could add pictures without being told I had to pay! So I don't know what it was about, but I am grateful that I can continue blogging without having to pay! So, needless to say, there will be a couple catch up posts. For Thanksgiving break, we were lucky enough to visit lots of family! My parents, Joe and I drove south to Chinle, AZ (northern AZ) to visit Joe's parents who are serving a mission there. We got there late Tuesday and spent Wednesday morning and afternoon there. They fed us breakfast and then we got to see the seminary room where they teach in. It is above the church which I have never seen before but it was pretty awesome! Then they took us to Canyon de Chelly where there are several look out spots to see ruins from cliffdwellers! It was excellent weather and such beautiful scenery. That red rock is just so beautiful and of course the ruins of cliff dwellings are always sweet!
Joe's parents, my parents and me
Our cute mothers
Then it was on to Gilbert, AZ where my sister Marielle and her family live. Thursday morning my sister Rachel and her family arrived just in time to run a Turkey Trot with everyone! The girls and Michael did the 5K (which actually turned out to be only 2 miles...) and the kids and Joe and Scott did the 1 mile run! Refreshments and good times were had all around. We showered up and then prepared for our Thanksgiving lunch. It was definitely the most different Thanksgiving I've had in that it was so warm! We ate our meal outside which was great! We also did sparklers, played soccer outside quite a bit, and celebrated Rachel's birthday!
Sadie Anne posing for the camera
Zonked out from the activities (not to mention
the drive from TX to AZ without stopping!)
Xavier! Look at that sweet smile
Thanksgiving lunch outside!
Rachel showing off the headband
I made for her for her birthday
Ian and I!
The girls
Our attempt at an awkward family photo
Sparklers!
Playing the wii...this happened a lot
We did this Christmas craft with the kids...
more like the kids helped for a little bit
and then got bored and the adults finished it up
These are the ONLY instructions that the train came with. If you can't see, it says, "Using photo as a guide, assemble train by interlocking the front, back and side. Once complete, insert the assembly into base. Use your imagination and decorate with the provided stickers."
This was the picture they provided. Let me tell you, it was NOT sufficient. The first picture seems pretty simply but that one car of the train was composed of at least 20 different foam pieces. The picture does not show that detail. Needless to say, it was quite frustrating. Still really fun though!
The two Batmans!
And again...
Marielle and Scott also put together some Minute to Win It games. It was tons of fun! Not only did it make for some fun times, it made for some great pictures! Really flattering. Really. Please see for yourself!
Zander and Sadie chilling
Zander and Joe...yes, Zander is now 10 and still sits on our laps. :)
We also went to see the Mesa Arizona Temple lights! They had a fabulous display of lights. I was very impressed. I will try to keep the pictures to a minimum because I took a million!
Sunday was the day we all headed back home. It was such a wonderful trip, filled with family, good food and lots of Diet Coke! :) I am so grateful that I now work in a job that allows us to have holidays off and to be with family during them. What a blessing and I treasure it now more than ever. Family is definitely my greatest blessing!
looks like you had a great Thanksgiving and fun trip!
ReplyDelete