For the record, I don't really enjoy the show Two Weeks Notice. I do like Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock but NOT that show. That's all.
On the other hand, I did put in my two weeks notice to my job. Yeah! I did it! I worked my last shift on Thursday morning! It was quite the emotional rollercoaster for me. I was so relieved, especially after my incident with the emergency room. However, I was really surprised how sad I felt to leave the girls and my co-workers. I can definitely say that I had the best co-workers EVER! It's inevitable when you have such a crazy stressful job that you learn how to laugh and have fun with each other. I definitely did with my co-workers and they are one of the biggest reasons that I was able to stay as long as I did at that job. I also realized how much I genuinely cared about the girls I work with. Yes, they were difficult. Yes, they were annoying. Yes, they were entitled. But they all had good qualities about them that I learned to seek out and enjoy. The job was definitely the most stressful thing I have experienced and it will be good for me to move on but I am grateful that I did have the opportunity to have this job because I learned a lot and grew a lot. It's much easier for me to see how much I gained from this job now that I am not in it dealing with the stress of it.
In the meantime, I am enjoying my time off. My oldest sister came from Lebanon this week to come to my cousin's wedding and as I don't get to see her but once a year or so, I was pretty excited to come down to spend some quality time with her. Also, wish me luck in seeking out a new job and if you have any connections, let me know!
I wish I could quit my job... or at least be taken more serious there. Good luck to you!
ReplyDelete